1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup date sauce (1 cup dates + 1 cup water)
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup dairy free milk
2 flax eggs (2 tbsp flax meal+6 tbsp water)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine dry ingredients. Add flour, baking powder, and spices. Whisk together well.
3. Combine wet ingredients. Add in vanilla, pumpkin puree, milk, and flax eggs. Stir until well combined.
4. Next add wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Fold with a spatula until a smooth batter forms. It will be thick.
5. Line muffin tins with papers and fill each 3/4 of the way full.
6. Bake 16-20 minutes. Check by sticking a fork or tooth pick in the middle. (no batter stuck to the fork/tooth pick means they're done!) Best served warm.