½ cup raw cashews, soaked for 30 minutes or overnight
½ cup unsweetened original almond milk
2 medium white onions, thinly sliced
1/4-1/2 cup bread crumbs
3 tbsp. whole wheat flour
2-4 tbsp. veggie broth
3 bags frozen green beans (cooked in boiling water)
1 medium yellow onion, diced
1 tbsp. garlic, minced
3 cups mushrooms, chopped
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 tbsp. liquid aminos
¼ cup white wine vinegar
1 tsp. black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
2. Place white sliced onions, 2 tbsp. veggie broth, bread crumbs and flour in a large bowl, tossing to combine. Be sure to separate each individual onion piece. If you want more crunchy crumble, add more flour and breadcrumbs to your onions. Spread onions and extra flour/breadcrumb mixture in an even layer on a baking sheet with parchment paper. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and crispy. Watch carefully to make sure they don't burn towards the end of cooking. Once onions are done, remove from oven and lower oven heat to 350 degrees F for casserole.
3. Bring a large pot with two inches of water to a boil. Once boiling add green beans. Bring back to a boil (this may take a while) and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until tender. Drain and run cold water over green beans to stop cooking. Set aside.
4. In a large pan add a splash of veggie broth, minced garlic and yellow onions. Cook for five minutes and then add chopped mushrooms. Cook for another five minutes, stirring often. Add nutmeg, liquid aminos, white wine and black pepper. Simmer for about three more minutes.
5. Blend soaked cashews with almond milk in a blender or food process or until completely smooth and creamy. Set aside.
6. In a large baking dish add cooked green beans, cashew cream and onion/mushroom mixture. Top with crispy baked onions.
7. Bake at 350 degrees F covered with foil for 20-25 minutes until green beans start to bubble. Remove foil and cook 5 minutes longer. Serve hot.
The Whole Health Cookbook takes the power of Whole Health Club, the world's first gym with an onsite teaching kitchen, and puts that power in your hands.
Do you want to kickstart your fitness journey, but not quite ready to commit just yet? Well the 21 day challenge is the perfect way to try us out! You even have the option to have a 1-on-1 coach guide you through it!Book a Kick Off Meeting